Monday, September 21, 2009

Soil Sport

I had an opportunity to connect with soil. Never in my life which spans more than three decades, I had this opportunity to be connected to soil. I had lived for four years at semi rural town but there we were cocooned in a campus which was modern. I had gone to various treks in western ghats or himalayas , visited villages , understood people and lives but had never been connected to soil.
Here i had a chance to be a farmer. we planted potatoes. I ran a plough ('hal') on bullock pairs. we picked tomoatoes, rajma, coriandar, banana fields. we had special farm food. took tractor ride. later we played kabbadi on ploughed fields with locals.
It was fun and i really felt connected with soil.
Its some different experience. I recommend surely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good experience