Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Guru

Yesterday i celebrated Gurupournima at Riyas music school. Riya performed few songs.
Life is a great teacher, its a mahaguru. God or whatever one assumes as divine energy provides inspiration throughout. But still there are many mortals who help us acheive our path. Idea here is to thank them.
In the stream of commercialization of education: schoolastic or vocational teachers have lost the humane aura. With impersonal media like elearning, multimedia, we have standardized learning. Globalization and worldwide classrooms have added new dimensions to learning. so where do old school of guru stand today. I think its a very personal emotion which someone has for somebody as a Guru. So institution of Guru has given place to role someone plays in our lives.
The first gurus are parents. then come family members and then the rest. still a special mention to role i had with my distant cousin (but yet very close) SD dandage as friend, philosopher, guide.
For me : Kale sir was the one who first saw any spark in me.Apte sir /abhyankar from school can be termed as a real Guru who changed my outlook towards academics and gave confidence that i was somebody in scheme of things, so was patwardhan madam who made me believe i can do well in academics as well. YG Kale sir and Dharne sir with whom i started my class experience, really created that confidence in me. Khasgiwale sir, and arun belare sir (both RIP) gave that edge which helped me greatly. Rahalkar sir from JEE coaching with his any problem any minute slogan really pushed me hard. At IIT to be honest i could not get into any personal equation with profs except maybe PPK (Project Guide), M K Ghosh and B Ray(fac advisor). For the lack of same maybe my interest towards technology took backside and aspiration of Management took drivers seat.
At the start of professional life i had a great mentor in Rangan from nocil from whom i learnt project management skills. They are still handy. attention to detail etc etc. luckily i managed whole plant shutdown as independant officer and not a trainee thanks to his recommendation.
I started my enterpreunership early. My friend subrato was the one for whom nothing was impossible. My BIL was very good technically, agressive and resolution of issues, My various colleagues , clients and partners had many things i could learn.
Thanks to Mahguri shri sai and pray that he illuminates path throughout.

No comments: