Friday, May 29, 2009

Flavor of season: T20

After IPL now its time to move to ICC world T20. Back to national colors after cheering for ambani, shahrukh, zinta, shettys , mallya etc. Though they talked abt citi rivalries, i feel there was nothing Mumbai style in Mumbai Indians or hyderabadi style in Deccan chargers. Last years losers were finalists. This shows very unpredicatble nature of T20 cricket. so dont be surprised if india doesnt lift trophy on 21st June. Its wide open though India and SA seem favorites. and we know what happened to delhi daredevils . One innings from people like Gilchrist, Jaysurya, or a ponting can turn any pre favoritisms. Thats a bookmakers paradise. I doubt with all ICC anti corruption machinery in place, and also with national pride at stake, there is any chance of corruption. But with IPL, owners controling monies, being a domestic festival situation anythings possible. You never know what Big Monies can do to ethics...
anyways had a month long feast of matches, coming home to tune in to something. Cricket was much exciting than IPL1. This time more friends dropped in. opening was seen at a resort outside pune. key matches someones place. I have stopped being MI fan.
Cannot wait for Dhonis Men in Blues to take on Bangladeshis on 6th. But for some schedule related issues arising, i would have been at Trent Bridge to see that. anyways....
There are many such things that have been missed and to be planned for
wimbledon match, world cup match where india is playing outside india, IPL match in India, olympics opening ceremony.
Two things have been achieved : seeing world cup soccer live (Korea02), Seeing India play at eden gardens amidst 100000 people.
My sporting world ends there; international soccer, cricket, grandslam tennis, olympics.
wish me all the luck, to follow my dreams

No comments: