Monday, December 8, 2008

Feeling so special

I am no politician or a renowned filmstar, cricketer whose birthday is remembered by masses, but feeling i have is no less. All those around me made my day special on this saturday 6th. Another day another birthday, if i have to take a cynical view about it. I have not yet achieved anything proportional to the romantic visions i had about my own life maybe when i was in junior college, kgp days. yes its not a total washout as well. there are somethings done which matter. there were missed opportunities, there were failures, unimaginable losses, unexpected gains, fair successes. Lots of positive and negatives in balance sheet till today while reflecting back. But the most positive gain of all is a set of people who made my day on 6th. Phone never stopped ringing right from midnight: friends at table, friends at solaris, old school friends, old wingmates in KGP calling from US, my staff at office, my relatives in Pune,mumbai, delhi amazing.. hardly i was away from phone for mins. It feels so special that people take pains to remember and call. I am sure all of you have same feelings on your b'day as well.
Moreover i made a double take by hosting a table social with all families of 15 tablers attending. It was great event with last guest leaving by 2 midnight.
I dont want to be self praising or boastful, but i see the collection of relationship that i have maintained with my friends and my own people as my biggest achievement. Throughout i have made a point to build relationships even at my workplace and clients. I also had few past employees/clients/business associates making a point to call. That was biggest achievement that they have valued me as genuine human being over a business man. While noting upon these achievements, I might have failed in building relationship with few people, i might have rubbed few of them wrongly be it ex employees, clients, friends, relatives. I still feel those failures as my greatest failures. I promise to improve so that i wont lose out on any friend ever. But as you know life is not perfect.
Friends and your own people are your biggest strengths and i have flexed my muscles on that strength on 6th. I had a great day starting with a sweet hand made greeting card by Riya (she was as excited as me), she and alpana giving me flower to start my day. After that a long drive at khadakwasla dam followed by a great social and never ending calls/sms/emails.
and a secret to share: could not sleep whole night treasuring those great moments.
You get sentimental looking back at your life on a birthday. But much more to look forward to...
Thanks to almighty (shrisaibaba) for moments like 6th and wish His Blessings on subsequent 6th decembers as well....

No comments: