Friday, October 24, 2008

Circle of Life

Yesterday, i made a Diwali mud fort for my daughter. I was doing that first time after my 9th standard ie. 1987. Bees saal baad. I was totally lost as to how i could go about doing it. Tried to google it (may be too hitech), finally my 10 yr old neighbour explained the process. After a lot of efforts and trials i finally made it.
Your kids take you back to same things as what you had done. Again going through std 1st books, school, friends etc they give you front seat view of what you did in your childhood. They complete the circle of life...
Diwali is always special esp for kids. Food, crackers, fort, clothes: everything had a role. Even smell of moti soap, multani mitti, tata oil.... The air is different. There is greenary, mornings and evenings are chillier. There is a typical smell. I feel myself lucky that i am at same geographical place of my childhood (though not in same locality or house which still i visit and a part of). Many of my friends, cousins are not lucky in this aspect. They are in Pardes celebrating Indian Diwali at weekends, phone calls, parties and cutural borrowings. And those are unique experiences too as i have witnessed.
At the start of this quarter, in my posting 'king of Good (and bad) times', i had wished india beat australia which they have done once . also wish they wrap up series in delhi. I had also mentioned about my fun quotient for last quarter. It all starts with diwali party with marraige theme. All of us have to get into our marraige clothes again. Then there are home parties, office parties. Picnics.. So much fun but I still remember Diwali at KGP . Those were the best diwalis. It was so special with diya and ilumination competition. It was fun preparing and actually lighting up the show. I hope my daughter, completes that circle for me by getting in to KGP (high hopes for a 1st std) and make that circle complete again for me.
Happy Diwali Folks

No comments: